No matter what talents and gifts you bring to bear and no matter how much time you have, we have a a ministry place for you to serve and grow.
- Adopt-a-Road Program. We’ve adopted Springfield Road through the Adopt-a-Road Program and periodically clean it up.
- Crop Walk. Our May Crop Walk fundraiser benefits local and world hunger.
- Martha’s Closet. We support and volunteer at Martha’s Closet. Martha’s Closet provides donated food and clothes to those in need.
- Music. Members of the Glenn Dale United Methodist Church Choir and intermittent volunteers use music to generate excitement, beauty, and inspiration in our worship services.
- Operations Christmas Child. We donate and wrap gifts for children in need at Christmas.
- Shawl Ministry. The Shawl Ministry gathers to pray and knit or crochet for people who are hurting or who may need a special blessing. The ministry’s sole purpose is to give away the shawls the members create—shawls we hope will literally wrap recipients in prayer.
- Shelter Meal. Once a month, we provide and serve a dinner meal for the residents of the Prince George’s Men’s Shelter.
- Sunshine Club. Our Sunshine Club sends out get well cards or cards of encouragement from the church.
- Tutoring. We tutor third and forth graders from Glenn Dale Elementary School in math, reading, and social studies on Monday afternoons.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) Support. When disasters strike around the world, we support UMCOR assistance efforts through fundraising and gathering relief supplies.